Episode 1 – Amanda Guerrero
In this episode of the Wake Up Colorado Podcast, our guest is Amanda Guerrero. Founder of Nova Stella Yoga which was established in 2017 with a clear and simple mission: to share yoga. Amanda shares her journey from an injury which was the catalyst to beginning her yoga practice to starting her studio and school.
“In order to be a reliable yoga instructor, you have to first be a student, because it is a practice and it is an ever-evolving scene” – Amanda
“You have to be dedicated as a student before you are a dedicated teacher” – Amanda
“If your teacher doesn’t have a teacher, you might want to find a new teacher” – Amanda
“Don’t give up before the magic happens” – Amanda
- Following multiple shoulder injuries and surgeries, Yoga was recommended by her surgeon, and that was the beginning of her 17 year yoga practice.
- While many believe yoga is a type of religion and as such would conflict with theirs, yoga focuses on deepening your spiritual connection in your religion, and is not a religion of its own.
- Amanda shares that apart from the typical yoga practice classes, the studio offers the opportunity for yoga education, to understand key concepts concerning yoga.
- Yoga also helps to maximize each breath as it teaches how to breathe properly, improving our bodily functions.
- For those who want to start but are nervous, the online class is a great place to start.
- While having immense support from the Pueblo community as a female-run business, there are still occasional reactions that assume it may not be a very serious one because it is run by women.
- Amanda shares various benefits of having to deal with the pandemic, to their yoga community, particularly providing the opportunity to build different partnerships kicking off the retail aspect involving the marketing of yoga products.
- Every single teacher that teaches for Nova-Stella has come to Nova-Stella as a student first.
- The priority is ensuring that the students are in a safe environment.
- For new members of the Pueblo or Colorado community, Amanda encourages them to take time to get used to the slow-paced life.
[01:15] Meet today’s guest “Amanda Guerrero”, co-founder of Nova- Stella Yoga.
[01:52] What led you to yoga in the first place?
[02:56] Amanda shares some common misconceptions about yoga.
[07:12] Why is meditation important in your everyday life?
[12:57] For those who want to start but are nervous, how do they go about it?
[14:56] Outside being online, how has Covid19 changed your business?
[21:32] What hurdles have you experienced being a woman co-founded-business?
[24:27] What’s your vision for the future of yoga down here?
[32:00] What is one piece of advice you would give to someone who is loving to either Pueblo or Colorado.
[33:22] How to find Amanda
Learn more about Amanda Guerrero and her company at:
Facebook/Instagram: novastellayoga or amanda.guerrero.yoga
Location: 313 S. Union Ave., Pueblo, Colorado 81005