Episode 11 – Julie Logan
In this episode of the Wake Up Colorado Podcast, our guest is Julie Logan, co-owner of Integrity Cleaning Services. Julie grew up working at her parent’s laundromats and her mom in particular inspired her entrepreneurial spirit at a young age. Now she leads and motivates a team of 12 cleaning professionals all while managing and caring for her own family.
- “I think I just enjoy being a role model and a leader and continuing to try and be a better employer.” – Julie
- “The greatest thing is to not argue in marriage about who’s going to clean the toilet. Just let somebody else clean the toilet.’ – Julie
- “Have a game plan from the beginning around your finances. And understanding how to keep good paper trails of all of your finances for you to get a loan for you to get any kind of extra help. You’re gonna need somebody to look down at your finances.” – Julie
- If you don’t do it right, it doesn’t last.
- Airbnb has a whole new flavor to it that it really is more of a hotel kind of cleaning, you’re really trying to make sure that that level of hospitality is there, the level of cleanliness is there that you would find in a hotel, versus just your basic residential cleaning.
- When you are forced into a situation, you don’t realize how much small things can impact make such huge impacts.
- They have really gotten into the technology and how that kind of works for them as a company.
- One of the biggest things that people might not know is that there are certain chemicals that you cannot mix together. So you really need to always make sure that you’re never mixing for example bleach with ammonia.
[1:45] How Julie started in the cleaning business
[3:54] A pace that she can work comfortably
[4:46] What Julie enjoys the most about her business
[7:47] Her deciding factor for taking on Airbnb
[10:06] Common misconceptions that people can have about a cleaner
[11:15] How COVID has impacted her business
[17:39] Difference between what it means to clean, sanitize, and disinfect
[22:49] Her favorite cleaning product and why
[26:05] Should or should not be doing when cleaning your own home
[26:42] What is the grossest thing that Julie ever had to clean
[28:46] What other visions Julie has for the future of her business
[32:43] Advice for someone wanting to start a cleaning company of their own
[35:07] One of her favorite hidden gems in Colorado
Learn more about Julie: